Please pass this on if you colleagues or friends who may be interested:
If you’re interested in attending, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally, the topic of the workshop was how new ideas of social production could help eliminate the chasm between the classes in the highly stratified Chilean society.
Since we started planning the workshop, however, the fires swept through Valparaiso, wreaking havoc on the poorest residents. We expect that naturally the discourse will turn ask further: how might these ideas shape the reconstruction process?
- Michel Bauwens, P2P theorist
- Humberto Maturana, philosopher and theoretical biologist
- David Week, speaking on “Home Liberation”
Invited, but not yet confirmed:
- Camila Vallejo: member of the Chilean House of Deputies
There will be two sessions:
- a public session in the morning, consisting of short talks, plus Q&A
- a more limited seminar in the afternoon.
It is our intention to publish transcripts of both sessions.